CMT CONSTRUCTION POLICIES
CMT Construction strives to create a positive workplace environment, reducing the incidence and severity of job health and safety events. Our goal of work safety is to reach for no injuries to anyone while on the job.
Our managers are committed to achieving this goal. We strive to share our knowledge and experience with others, and are using innovation to greatly increase our safety standards.
We apply our work safe policy in all of our projects. Our training, both of our employees and our subcontractors, is already making a difference in our workplace environment.
Our motto is: Work together to make work safe.
Our goals include:
- No injuries to bystanders
- No fatalities
- No disabling injuries
- No long-term injury to health
An Accident Frequency Rate (AFR) of 0.1 or less by year-end 2015.
CMT Construction believes our employees are our best asset. Every person brings their own perspective, training, skills and education to the work place.
By utilising each person’s abilities, we grow as a company and add value to our business.
By bringing workers in from many different backgrounds, we develop a greater set of skills and abilities with which to meet our customer’s needs. Recognising different cultures and groups, our objective is to promote a welcoming workplace where everyone has the opportunity to succeed and grow.
Our policy is to treat all employees and potential employees with respect and equality. Bullying and harassment are unwelcomed in the workplace, and everyone has the right to be free of any unwanted behaviour, whether based on pregnancy, race, disability, age, sex, marital status, trans-gender status, civil partnership status, sexuality, political or religious beliefs. All employees have the equal opportunity to fair work policies and to achieve their potential, without discrimination.
Females, males and non-binary people are treated equally, hired without bias to gender, and rewarded according to their contribution.
Our policy is to challenge stereotypes, support employees in their work/life balance, support women who are pregnant, and assist their return to work after maternity leave.
Transgender individuals or those who are planning to undergo gender reassignment are protected against discrimination and harassment. We will protect and support a trans-gender person to ensure respect, dignity and fairness.
People shall be treated with respect and fairness in regard to marital, civic partnership or familial status.
We strive to challenge racial stereotypes and ensure that racial and cultural diversity is represented throughout the organisation.
Persons with disabilities are recognised and valued at CMT Construction. We focus on what a person can do, not on their disability, and challenge any stereotypes. We work to accommodate those with disabilities whenever possible to assist persons in achieving their full career potential.
Age diversity is promoted and valued, and CMT Construction works to challenge age stereotypes while recognising the value of a mixed age workforce.
Religious Beliefs and Political Opinion
Religious and political beliefs and opinions are respected in the workplace, and the freedom to hold those beliefs is protected from intolerance or persecution.
HIV & AIDS
The company shall not allow discrimination against employees or potential employees on the belief or fact that they have HIV and/or AIDS.
An employee or potential employee’s sexuality is to be respected, and employees are to be treated fairly without regard to their sexuality. We will strive to challenge negative stereotypes.
We are committed to providing our clients with top quality development and excellent service at a reasonable price.
Our policy is to meet or exceed our client’s expectations, while maintaining excellence in all areas of each project, including meeting specified requirements and adhering to all local and regulatory standards, while striving to meet all timescales.
- Is committed to quality, and strives to meet the requirements of all external auditing authorities, including BM Trade Certification
- Strives to meet the highest standards of quality to satisfy our customers
- Maintains a highly trained staff and believes in ongoing training and education, as well as open communication between management and employees
- Has quality and excellence as our goals
- Strives to minimise customer complaints and works diligently to resolve any problems should they arise, and uses customer communication as a basis for improving our products and services
At the completion of each project, reviews are implemented to pinpoint areas where improvement is needed or objectives may be changed. Our management team is dedicated to helping our company reach the highest standard of excellence.
All employees are involved in our success. Through teamwork, high expectations, respect for each individual and the acknowledgement that everyone’s work matters, we can strive for the highest quality possible.
We want CMT Construction to have a reputation for top quality development and excellent service, and to be an excellent place of work for our employees.
Our developments, both for the private and public sector, have the possibility of local, national and global impact. Climate change is of upmost concern, and we recognise our responsibility to work in a manner that is economically and socially responsible.
Our objective is to maintain up to date information and implement procedures to:
- Reduce energy consumption
- Recycle and reuse if possible
- Use sustainable resources
- Involve renewable energy when available
- Use care to minimise environmental, noise and dust pollution whenever possible
- Replace old equipment with diesel and hybrid vehicles in our fleet
- Strive to become a member of Considerate Contractors.
We are committed to protecting our environment and promoting sustainability with responsible energy usage, and we are working toward MCS accreditation and the usage of renewable energy technology.
We are committed to:
- Working with clients and encouraging the use of renewable energy and sustainable resources whenever possible
- Training employees and using education to promote awareness in sustainable practices, including the use of “energy saving mode” whenever possible, switching off appliances when not in use, and recycling
- Communication, including signage, posters and employee meetings
- Using sustainable and renewable resources whenever possible
- Minimising waste and utilising good housekeeping practices
- Management and the Board of Directors will review these policies regularly.
At CMT Construction we realise that our developments, from design to completion, have an impact on the environment both locally and globally, and as such, we will work diligently to ensure that all phases of each project take into account:
- Global and Local Impact
- Energy Efficiency
We work continually to improve our technology, resources and work flow with the environmental consequences of each project in mind. Our Board of Directors keeps up to date information as new developments in sustainability and impact are brought to light and work to ensure that our company complies with these developments whenever possible. It meets annually to review compliance.
CMT Construction regularly reviews the Environmental Management System, CMT Management system, to maintain compliance with legal, regulatory and other business obligations.
CMT Construction maintains up to date information involving codes of practice, new legislation and regulations, and continually updates training and education of its employees accordingly. It also works with vendors and suppliers to ensure compliance, and communicates procedures, management systems, training, policies and updates to all employees and subcontractors. CMT Construction works, on and off the work site, in such a manner as to minimise impact, pollution, and disturbance to both the environment and the general public and surrounding areas.
In addition, CMT Construction utilises materials, whenever possible, from sustainable sources, and works to minimise waste whenever possible. We are always aware of the environment both in our offices and at work sites and attempt to make as little disruption as possible. When travel is unavoidable, we strive to utilise the least environmentally damaging mode of transportation that is available.
With each new project, we analyse all environmental impacts and work to minimise any adverse effects as much as possible.
Management reviews and internal and external audits are implemented to monitor the effectiveness of the company’s Environmental Management System.
Our goal is of work safety is to aim for no injuries to either the public or to our employees while on the job.
CMT Construction takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety, health and welfare of its employees on the job and the public near or in the workplace who may be affected by the company’s activities by:
- Design, maintenance and operation of all equipment in a safe manner, both in our offices and in the work environment
- Maintaining safe guidelines and training for all employees and management
- Adequate instruction for all employees involved in a project
- Superior communication and control in situations where individuals may be exposed to threat of injury or property or equipment may be damaged
- Plans in place for each work environment involving treatment facilities and emergency care
- Fire prevention and control training and procedures
- Open communication and meeting places between management and employee representatives
- Constant review and monitoring of the plans in place to ensure up to date information and communication
The Executive Manager is responsible for the safety policy and ensuring that all policies and procedures are kept up to date and enforced. All members of the management team are responsible for their delegated responsibilities under the executive manager. Each senior manager and and/or department head then has the authority and responsibility to ensure that policies and procedures are followed, that training is implemented and communication is kept open.
A Safety Committee will meet regularly to maintain records of proper training procedures and employee training, to monitor safety policy compliance, and to make suggestions for any improvements on safety policy.
Employees are expected to conform to this policy, and records are kept of employee training and knowledge. All employees are expected to implement the necessary training and procedures to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. All employees must exercise care not only for their own wellbeing but also for their co-workers and others who might be affected by their work, work environment, their acts, or any omissions.
A Safety Manager shall be appointed with responsibility to maintain the Safe Work Policy and to be the person responsible for monitoring the procedures and training necessary. All employees and management are able to communicate with the Safety Manager as needed.